When: October 22, 2014, 2pm
Where: Parkway Ballroom, Plemmons Student Union, Appalachian State University
Contact: Donna Presnell (email@example.com)
Event Description: In an effort to highlight the sustainability-focused scholarly activities of Appalachian’s distinguished faculty, the university will present the 1st Annual Sustainability Research Forum from 2pm to 5pm on Wednesday, October 22nd (National Campus Sustainability Day). In support of the 2014-2019 Appalachian State University strategic plan, The Appalachian Experience: Envisioning a Just and Sustainable Future, this forum will demonstrate Appalachian’s commitment to sustainability by showcasing the sustainability-related research of three Appalachian scholars in a public forum.
Go green this Halloween by keeping the cash in your pocket and join in the fun with a campus swap. Tradepal is kicking off its second year partnering with Campus Sustainability Day and invites campuses to celebrate with a Green Halloween Costume Swap. Promote year-round savings and take steps to reduce your carbon footprint through reuse.
How to participate:
- Join your campus network on Tradepal and list your costumes, masks, and items to swap
- Browse the listings on your network. Request to trade items and accept offers for items of interest
- Exchange items and complete trades
- Invite friends to participate and rally students to co-organize a Green Halloween Costume Swap event
- Celebrate with a sustainable alternative to Halloween shopping by swapping last years costumes, masks, wigs and tutus
Get the word out on campus and host a meet up for everyone to gather and exchange their swaps in person. After, quantify the carbon savings impact from your campus swap and share the results. If you are hosting a swap, get recognized for your efforts by adding your event to the CSD website. See what others are doing around the country and register for the 2014 Keynote broadcast.