Hosted by Second Nature
When: October 22nd, 2pm EST (2014)
Theme: Empowering Change on Campus and in the Community
RSVP for Keynote Broadcast
Share Your Event
Fill out this form to post your CSD events on this website. It may take a few days to process your responses.
You can also post photos of your event to the CSD Facebook wall (be sure to include a caption and the name of your school). We will collect photos throughout the month of October and compile all photos in a CSD Facebook Photo Album.
CSD 2014 Events:
University of Louisville
- When: October 22, 2014 10am-2pm
- Where: University of Louisville, Belknap Campus, Humanities Quad
- Website: https://louisville.edu/sustainability/events.html
- Contact: Justin Mog (email@example.com)
- Event Description: Join us for the 7th annual celebration of all things sustainable at UofL and in our community! Learn what campus and community groups are doing to create a sustainable revolution. Sign-up to get involved and leave with some green freebies, great information, and a smile on your face!
- Learn about all of UofL’s Transportation Alternatives and get hands-on, personalized guidance in how to use UofL’s Bike Fix-It Stations! Bring your bike for a tune-up!
- Shred-It will offer free shredding and recycling of documents, video tapes, and computer diskettes from their truck in the circle in front of the College of Business 10am – 2pm.
- UofL’s event will be part of the national celebration of Campus Sustainability Day.
- This is a signature event during UofL Sustainability Week (Oct. 20-26, 2014), a full week of events to celebrate and raise awareness!
Miami Dade College
- When: October 22, 2014 10am-2pm
- Where: Miami Dade College, MDC Kendall Campus, Building 2 Breezeway
- Website: www.earthethicsinstitute.org
- Contact: Netiva Kolitz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Worcester State University- Sustainability/Food Day Fair
- When: October 22, 2014 8am-4pm
- Where: Worcester State University, Sheehan Hall and Student Center
- Website: www.worcester.edu/green
- Contact: Steven Bandarra (email@example.com)
- Event Description: Our Sustainability Fair has grown into a two day Sustainability and Food Day Fair attracting over 1,000 people per year. It includes a teach-in, informational vendor booths, a farmers market, local food BBQ, community garden tours, hands on workshops and all day movie showings (and more!) This fall will be our 7th Annual Fair.
Northwest Earth Institute- EcoChallenge
- When: October 15-29, 2014
- Where: Everywhere!
- Website: www.ecochallenge.org
- Contact: Rob Nathan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Event Description: The NW Earth Institute invites you to change your life for good by participating in the 2014 EcoChallenge. For two weeks this October, challenge yourself to change one habit that benefits both you and the planet. It’s a win-win designed to inspire a lifetime of positive change. For inspiration and to sign up, visit https://www.EcoChallenge.org.
Ramapo College of New Jersey
- When: October 22, 2014
- Where: Trustees Pavilion, Ramapo College of New jersey
- Website: N/A
- Contact: Ashwani Vasishth (email@example.com)
- Event Description: We will be exploring ways of reactivating a robust campus sustainability movement, hinged around the ACUPCC, but reaching out more broadly to the campus community.
Appalachian State University
- When: October 22, 2014, 2pm
- Where: Parkway Ballroom, Plemmons Student Union, Appalachian State University
- Website: https://sustain.appstate.edu/announcements/call-submissions-1st-annual-sustainability-research-forum
- Contact: Donna Presnell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Event Description: In an effort to highlight the sustainability-focused scholarly activities of Appalachian’s distinguished faculty, the university will present the 1st Annual Sustainability Research Forum from 2pm to 5pm on Wednesday, October 22nd (National Campus Sustainability Day). In support of the 2014-2019 Appalachian State University strategic plan, The Appalachian Experience: Envisioning a Just and Sustainable Future, this forum will demonstrate Appalachian’s commitment to sustainability by showcasing the sustainability-related research of three Appalachian scholars in a public forum.